The current release is 1.3 (March 13, 2010).
- Download SpinBench 1.3 (5.2MB)
- SpinBench executable
- Example files
- Tutorial files
- Sample waveform files
- Installation instructions
- Download Plugin Programming
- API header files
- Sample code for over 20 plugins
- XCode project files
- Instructions for creating SpinBench plugins
- Universal binary for PowerPC (G4/G5) or Intel processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
- For 64-bit mode, a 64-bit Intel Mac and OS version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) are required
- 1 GB RAM recommended
- Drag the SpinBench executable into your Applications folder.
- If you want to use the example files, drag the SpinBench Examples folder to any suitable location on your hard drive.
- To install the supplemental plugins, drag the PlugIns directory to [your home dir]/Library/Application Support/SpinBench/. You will need to create this directory the first time.
Installation of RenderMan-compliant rendering toolsAfter installing SpinBench as above, certain rendering functions will be disabled. These features are not required for the Bloch simulation and sequence-design functions of SpinBench, but installing them permits the creation of high-quality 3D renderings of spin states. To enable this, the 3Delight renderer must be installed on your system. SpinBench 1.3 was tested with 3Delight 9.0.1, but should work with subsequent versions of 3Delight as well.
- Download a free copy of 3Delight from the website, http://www.3delight.com/
- Install it and obtain a license using their installation instructions
- Start SpinBench. Select "Preferences" from the SpinBench application menu. To enable the rendering features, change the "Renderer Base Directory" to match the directory where 3Delight is installed. If this is done correctly, the rendering tools should now be enabled.
- Make sure to ask for a free 3Delight license, as documented in the 3Delight installation instructions. If this is not done, then a "3Delight" watermark will be added to all rendered images.